The Alfred Shaker Museum needs YOU!
We are looking for some people — maybe retired, maybe not — who could volunteer a little time at the museum for a variety of jobs. For example:
- Do you like to paint?
- Can you do computer work?
- Do you like to do newsletters or write articles?
- Do you like to do research?
- Can you do grant writing?
- Do you like to do fundraising?
- Do you like to do gardening and outside work?
- Do you like to do publicity or take pictures?
- Do you like to teach classes, and would you be available to teach them at the Museum?
- Do you like to plan and set up exhibits?
- Do you like to do food preparation, etc.?
- Do you enjoy people? Perhaps you would like to be a docent at the museum. No experience is necessary. We will train you.
- Do you do a craft that you are willing to donate or sell on consignment in our gift shop?
If you like to do any of these things, or would like to volunteer in other ways, call Barbara Carlson at 490-1646 for more information. We kindly welcome your help.
Become a Museum Docent!
Did you ever wish you knew more about the Shakers? Do you enjoy answering questions and sharing knowledge about your favorite subjects? The Alfred Shaker Museum has just the right spot for you — Why not become a Museum Docent?
Museum Docents are available during the hours when the Museum is open to answer visitors’ questions about the Shakers and the Museum. Docents are needed on Saturday afternoons (and other times by appointment) during the Museum’s open season (May-November, plus weekends where special events are taking place in town). Sign up for as many weekend times as you wish, or as few. The Museum Curator and members of FASM will be available to help you while you’re there, so you’ll never have to go it alone.
No experience is required. Curator Linda Aaskov will provide training and access to the Museum’s reference materials.
If all this sounds like something you’d like to do, please contact Linda by email at email@example.com, or call her at 207-490-5709.